Summer is officially here and if you're like me, you've been waiting for the cliche summer activities! Cookouts, family time in the backyard, and because I'm from Maryland, nothing beats a Saturday afternoon with crabs, ice cold drinks, Will Smith's 'Summertime' and other summer anthems while family, friends, and neighbors come over to chill and create memories.
But let's be honest, your backyard matters. Creating an amazing outdoor living space is just as important, and achievable as your indoor spaces. Here are some tips that will put you well on your way to the perfect backyard for summer 2022 and beyond.
- What's your theme? Think about the energy you want your backyard to give when you and others step foot outside. This can be a consistent flow from the living room or kitchen, or it can be a completely different vibe. Some popular themes popping up this year are
- Once you have selected the vibe for you yard, it's time to curate. This is where you head to Pintrest for a design little inspo! Search for keywords such as 'modern backyard', minimalist backyard', or 'outdoor kitchen' to drill down results to your selected theme. As you find ideas, try to envision your space and how these pieces can/will fit into it. Where do you want your seating? Where does the lighting go? You can even sketch out your backyard and add in a general shape for the items you know you want to incorporate in to your design.
- The great thing about Pintrest is you can search AND shop with trusted and verified merchants, such as Branded By Design directly from the site or app. Just look for the blue check mark next to the business name.
- After you have your inspo, create a shopping list and the hunt for bargains begins. Check out Branded By Design and your other favorite home goods sites and stores to find things that aesthetically look like your Pintrest finds. Make sure you confirm measurements to ensure furniture and decor makes sense in your space. Remember to scale properly.
- Once your orders start coming in, be sure to check each item for accuracy and quality. Contact your shipper with any concerns as soon as possible for the best opportunity to exchange or return anything you need to.
- Now the fun part (for me anyway 🙃) - DESIGN. Let's stage this baby!!! Stick to your plan as closely as possible.
These projects can be fun, just remember to stay flexible and improvise if necessary. Do NOT stress. The journey is a part of the final result. And if you ever need assistance, Branded Interiors is only a call away. We offer a complimentary 15 minute discovery call to determine how we can help you on current or future projects.
Remember to remember the details ✨